Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen saver and MSN not linked to clock

• Please log in to reply

nickewhite

nickewhite

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi people

There's some sort of problem with my computer clock.

My windows screensaver doesnt work. In the Display Panel, the preview of the screen saver works fine. But after leaving it for a while (up to a day at times!) I come back and the screen saver hasn't activated.

Also - I use MSN messenger, and this doesn't put my status to "Away" after five minutes of inactivity as it should do as per the settings.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Nick

Advertisements

lionheart79

lionheart79

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<bump>

I too am having trouble with MSN messenger not logging me as 'away' after 5 minutes of inactivity. Its highly irritating as if you're away for longer than intended, but remain as 'online' status, people can think you're ignoring them when they don't get replies.

Also, messenger does not log me in automatically on start-up even though I have the option ticked.

I am not sure about clock problems as the above user - the time is displayed correctly in the far right of the task bar as normal. If anyone can help myself and the original poster out we'd be most grateful.

Andrew