Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual screen with DVI and VGA

• Please log in to reply

xhan

xhan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm planning on getting dual screen soon, I've been told by my boss that its best to do this through a graphics card with two vga ports rather than through a splitter because that degrades the quality.

I had a look at my pc and my graphics card is identical to this: http://i.i.com.com/c..._videoPORTS.gif

Is it possible to do dual screen through the dvi port through a converter or is it just wishful thinking!? The second monitor is a 17" dell. (my current one is a 15" one with no visible manufacturor!)

Advertisements

seven3845

seven3845

• Pip
  • 3 posts
sure, all you need is a dvi to vga adapter. They usually come with the cards that have a dvi out, but if not any computer parts store should have them for ten bucks or so. Once you do that, just enable the second monitor under your properties, or use Ultramon for more control.

I am currently running two two nvidia card this way for four outs, and a svhs out for running a tv monitor for video editing. Works great.