Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung SW-252F CD burner not workin' right

• Please log in to reply

BlackSkySunrise

BlackSkySunrise

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Welll, to put it straight, my CD burner ( Samsung model SW-252F.) will read CD's jsut fine, and load them up just fine. Problem is, when it comes to BURNING a CD-R of ANY kind, it just wont do it. I've tried everything on hand and nothing works. I've uninstalled all my burning software thinking that it was possible a software clash, but when using my re-installed software (just nero this time round to prevent clashing.) same problem.

What it does, is it LOOK as if its burning the CD, it even says "burning process completed successfully", and it even ejects the CD, [bleep], the CD's even warm to the touch. The thing is, the CD is still BLANK. Nothing is on it. I really dont understand whats wrong with it, and im totally frustrated by it, i just cant seem to make it work at all. No matter what format i use no matter what settings, it still comes out with a blank CD. No errors or anything, it looks like its burning it, but its just shooting blanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Here is a possible fix from M$: http://support.micro...b;EN-US;Q316529

BlackSkySunrise

BlackSkySunrise

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried this, this isn't the problem. It detects my drive as recordable so i knew it wouldn't help but checked anyhow. Yeah, still doesnt work, the settings seem properly done i the registry, but yet it still failrs to burn a proper CD, says "D:/ Access is denied" when i try to view it, but its obviously a blank disc since all my other CD's it will read properly. Its as if it doesnt dtect the blank mediums properly, im so confused. I havnt been able to fix it in about 2 months now.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Have you tried going to Samsung's web page and checking for a firmware update on the drive? Also, have you tried deleting the device (from device manager) and then reboot and let windows re-install it.?

BlackSkySunrise

BlackSkySunrise

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I cant find the firmware for it on their site, strangely enough, i had already tried doing that. But no, i have not tried removing it and letting windows re-install it, that is a good idea i will try that and see what happens and report back here of the results.
And here i though i'd tried everything.