Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low Disk Space error

• Please log in to reply

LondonLad

LondonLad

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Dear Friends (I have posted this message in the WinME section as well)

Thank for reading this post and my request for assistance.

My computer in the past 6 weeks keeps displaying a "Low Disk Space" message and shows
that there is barely any available space left on the comp. This is incorrect as I track all the
space I use on the comp and know that I had a great deal of space left, even after deleting software - the message keeps coming up and refuses to run certain programs - now due to low memory and full disk.

I've recently wiped the comp and used restore disks. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks and again this message pops up and restricts what I can use on the comp. The computer has a 14GB hard-drive and this time around I know I am only using about 6-8GB. So I'm not sure what to do.

I have a firewall, 3 spyware and anti-virus - nothing has shown up at all. I've run Scandisk and Disk-Defrag - again no problems have shown up.

Comp stats: WinME, E-machine brand, 14GB, 64MB SyncDRAM.

Any help and assistance greatly appreciated

Warm regards

LondonLad
PA

Advertisements