Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mac Hardware on a PC?

• Please log in to reply

2coolforu

2coolforu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a mac that has a ATI Radeon 9200 PCI 128MB Mac Edition Card. I thought i could maybe with the right drivers, use it in my PC. I unistalled the current on board drivers and put the Graphic Card in, When i turn on my computer it works put both on board VGA port and Graphic Card dont seem to work. Is there a possible Solution to this?? Maybe a link to some drivers??? :tazz: :)

Advertisements

2coolforu

2coolforu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
:tazz:. am answer plz :)

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
ATI RADEON 9200 Mac Edition (128 MB) Graphic Card
10th Nov-2005

I would not think so – Why would they offer both versions (???)
1- Mac Edition
2- PC Edition

Here is a 2 Word Answer:
[Bill Gate$]

Read Specs – Operating System – [Apple MacOS 9.x • Apple MacOS X]
http://www.dealtime....DADPT_MAC_EDITI

PS –
It is not polite to others - To jump ahead of others – [By Bumping Post] –

Jack123

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also....it's not possible (at least in the pc world) to use your onboard graphix card and an add on card (agp or pci)...they conflict and will not work...i do believe that it is possible to h ave two add on video cards though

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
the raedon is not working due to either a lack of a compatable driver, or that it runs in a way pc's just dont understand. your onboard video is not working due to what dsenette said. when i added my fx5600xt, my onboard video stoped working, but who cares, i could have dual monitors on my fx5600xt if i wanted. and now i have 10 times the performance. i'm sorry but i dont think anyone can help you on this one but a special driver (which i doubt exists) but good luck!

p.s. i'm curious if a live cd of linux would recognize the video card, you may wanna try that for the heck of it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Some mac hardware is just normal PC stuff with adapters and some added drivers. But some stuff is Mac only, it depends on the MAC i think some of them had AGP(not a mac guy). But some stuff like HDDs will work on your PC they are just IDE drives with an adapter to hook into a mac port of whatever there name is. Peripherals like keyboards and mice work although the lack of a delete key can be inconvenient. (Or a benefit its a great way to secure your computer, no delet key means someone you dont want to cant log on unlees they know about the cunning normal keyboard under the desk)