Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer having startup error.

• Please log in to reply

brrrrrandom

brrrrrandom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, first of all...

My microphone has a problem sometimes where the volume on it will go extremely low and won't normalize until I reboot. So my friends told me that my mic was quiet and I restarted and went to grab some dinner.

When I got back, I saw the screen asking me if I wanted to start in Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, Safe mode with command prompt, If I wanted to start with my last known good settings, or if I wanted to start windows normally. I've gotten this screen a couple times before, and each time I would just tell it to start normally and it would. So I tell it to start normally and I go back out to the kitchen to grab a drink.

I come back to my computer and I see the same screen. I was like, alright, my computer must have frozen or something, so I told it to start normally, and it wasn't frozen. It got to the windows screen with the loading bar at the bottom and then a blue screen with a lot of text on it flashed up for half a second, before I even got to read one word on it, it rebooted my computer.

Nothing like this has ever happened before, so I asked a friend about it and she said she had the same problem with her computer when it was overheating. So I let my computer cool down for about an hour or 2, and I tried it again. Same exact problem, nothing changed.

mobo: soltek sl-k8tpro-939
proc: athlon 64 3700+ san diego 2.2ghz
ram: pny optima 512mb
vid: ati x800 xl 256mb

Advertisements

brrrrrandom

brrrrrandom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh yeah, every single part inside this computer is basically brand new. The oldest thing in it is the video card, and I've only had it for about 3 months. The computer all-together has run without major error for a month.

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
maybe try repairing the xp installation. otherwise, the only way i've seen people come out of this alive is to reformat.