Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS Guard Spyware [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mteclipse03

mteclipse03

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have ps guard spyware on my compute and it will not go away...my friend reinstalled windows over the existing windows hoping that would block it out but that didnt work...now norton adware ewido and avg cannot get rid of it....please help it would be greatly appreciated for any help

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, mteclipse03.

Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program from Here . Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files\ as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident

Run HijackThis

Click SCAN and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

POST the log into this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')

mteclipse03

mteclipse03

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i dled spyware doctor and also bought the registry mechanic....i used the registry mechanic and now i think it has been removed---none of the virus scanners i have have said that it is still on my computer, should i b ok?

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, mteclipse03.

May I still see a fresh Hijackthis log to make sure?

Edited by OwNt, 14 November 2005 - 10:17 PM.

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.