Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Try and clear the cmos by unpluging the machine and using the clear cmos jumper, this is basically the same thing dsenette had you do but I would like to see if it makes any differance.

Then go directly into bios and load the fail safe defaults, while in bios check your temps a voltages and list them here for us to have a look.

Don't forget to save when you exit bios and see if the computer will boot to windows. If it won't reseat the video card and ram and try and boot to windows again.

I do believe this is a hardware problem because it will restart before you can get into safe mode so if you can get us the voltages that is important.

Is this a new build and did it ever run windows without any errors?

Rick

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
doby his system temps are in post #7

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
At the moment I cannot start up my computer now. Well it starts up and the fans are blowing but my screen remains black and nothing happens. Ill try and reset the jumpers and see what happens. No I cant even get into BIOS anymore. No i have had my share of freezes and blue screens before but they would reslove themselves. Its about a year old here in december.

I just read the manual and it said to turn off the v5 standby before resetting or could cause to function abnormally.

Edited by unknown error, 11 November 2005 - 02:23 PM.

unknown error

unknown error

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Nevermind I have fixed it on my own. At least for now :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what did ou do?

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
yes please tell us,

Sorry dsenette i did see that and I was more interested in the voltages but when I ask for voltages I automatically ask for temps too its just something I do, I guess because they are usually on the same page when in bios