Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hidden program

• Please log in to reply

BILLYwubba

BILLYwubba

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Whenever i boot up my computer, and login, my computer starts working extremley slow. I opened the task manager and saw a probram named "Program 1" after i end the task, my computer will act normally for a few minutes. After that it gets really slow again. I have Norton Internet Secruity 2006 and it never detects it. Also when i open internet explorer it takes 2-3 minutes for a page to load(i have 6mb/sec cable internet)

Can somebody please :tazz: ?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi BILLYwubba! Welcome to G2G!

Sounds to me like you could have a malware problem. Please go to the Malware Forum and run all the self-help scans liked in the START HERE. If you are still having problems after running these scans, then please post a HiJackThis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem.

Good luck!

Fenor

BILLYwubba

BILLYwubba

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks alot, i'll post back here if this doesn't work