Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Robbed homepage[CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Injanib

Injanib

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Recently I was hit by Alemod.h.dll virus that infected my wininet.dll file. Mcafee could not clean it. I could only logon in safe mode. In normal mode I was getting a blank screen and my explorer.exe file was returning an error saying "application failed to initialize properly. click ok to close application." Anyways, I downloaded a new copy of wininet.dll file, renamed the old one, coppied the new one into windows\system32 folder and deleted the old one. Now my computer works fine. I have ran Adware and removed all spywares it found. I can not find the virus Alemod.f.dll file to remove it. I am not sure if it is still chilling some where on my system and doing damage. Everything else seems to be back to normal except one thing. My homepage. It used to be Yahoo.com. Now everytime I start internet explorer I get syserror.com. it gives me a warning that someone is spying on me. At the top of the page it says "Security Center" and has the log of Windows Security Center found in control pannel. Anyways everytime I try to go to yahoo.com this page apears. As if the yahoo.com has been replaced with this new website. Even when I click on the Y! icon it takes me to this new website. My homepage in internet option is also yahoo.com.I can not figure this part out. Does anyone have any idea???

Advertisements

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Make sure you read and follow the instructions Must read before posting a HijackThis log

Please download HijackThis version 1.99.1 from THIS LINK and make sure to unzip and run it it to it's own, permanent folder. To run HijackThis click Scan and then Save log, Post the new log in a reply to this thread. I would be happy to take a look at it.

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
going once....going twice......

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
oops...dups

Edited by jwbirdsong, 22 November 2005 - 03:44 PM.

jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Due to lack of activity; this topic will be closed.

If you're the topic starter, and need this reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else, please begin a New Topic