Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help for a newbie to the formum

• Please log in to reply

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i was wondering if there was anyway to cut the load time of my pc games down cus its highly annoying when my team is half done with the bourd and im not even in the mission cus it takes me so long to load everything. if anyone has some tips i would really be thankfull

Edited by yourfinallyfree, 11 November 2005 - 02:05 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try to stop as many open programs as possible before opening the game, or start up the game before your friends do, also it may be an issue with your internet connection not the computer

post your computer specs
and what kind of internet connection you're using

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have tried to stop as many open programs as i could before opening the game, it still doesnt help and my internet conncettion in cable and that works fine as well, i have a radeon 9200 on the game, my hard drive is a IBM-DPTA-372050, i have 3 gbs left on it i got dual bios on my motherbourd... and i dont know what other specs to put : ) sorry

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is it just this one game that is causing the issue?

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i dont think so cus then other people wouldnt get in to the game before me, but it takes frecking forever and a day it load the game (city of Villains) then it loads the map between both of them it takes like 5 - 6 mins

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well according to the hdd info you posted this is a 20gig hard drive? am I correct? If it is then more than likely its an older, slower hard drive. with only 3 gigs free you may not have anough free space to properly defrag your hard drive as well.

I know that from playing games like call of duty or battlefield 2 that load times were long. I updated to a nice western digital drive with 8mb cache and 7200 rmp. made a huge difference in load times for the game.

yourfinallyfree

yourfinallyfree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yea i finnlly figured it out i just need more RAM, i feel special :tazz: