Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The sims 2 error

• Please log in to reply

rtc_18m

rtc_18m

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i got all the sims 2 and expantion pack but the sims university is the only one that doesnt work right when i load the sims 2 nightlife it says university has been uninstalled but i can put in the disk and play university but when i try and play one of the towns it comes up and tells me or a error comes up and says application error the application will terminate doesnt give a reason or anything and then it doesnt work what do i do im on a computer that has the requirment and i looked through the sims topics and nothing matches mine can some1 help me

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would start by manually uninstalling sims 2 university followed by a reboot and reinstall fo the game:

from ea support site

To manually uninstall this game you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two part process. This will remove all traces of the game from your system.

Remember that editing your computers registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully. To remove all of the game folders:

Open your My Documents folder.
Open the EA Games folder.
Right-click on The Sims 2 folder and choose Delete.
A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
Open My Computer.
Open your harddrive (by default this is C:).
Open the Program Files folder.
Open the EA Games folder.
Right-click on The Sims 2 University folder and choose Delete.
A Confirm Folder Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
When the folder is finished deleting, close the window.
Right-click on your Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

Now you can remove the registry keys for the game.

Click on Start and then click on Run...
In the text line type regedit, then click OK.
Click onFile and then Export...
Choose a location and name for the file (this will be your backup registry file).
Click Save.

The next steps will all be performed in the left pane of the Registry Editor window.

Click on the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Click on the + next to SOFTWARE
Click on the + next to EA GAMES
Right-click on The Sims 2 University folder and choose Delete.
A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
Click on the + next to Electronic Arts
Click on the + next to EA GAMES
Right-click on The Sims 2 University and choose Delete.
Click on the + next to Microsoft.
Click on the + next to Windows.
Click on the + next to Current Version.
Click on the + next to Uninstall.
Right-click on the the Key named {8FD3F4BA-A4A6-4380-00A6-CC6853AB2DC2} and choose Delete.
The Sims 2 University has now been completely removed from your system. You may reinstall or continue with the uninstallation of The Sims 2 base program at this time.