Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sircam32 Virus

• Please log in to reply

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have a computer I am working on for someone that I think has the sircam32 virus. Its a win98 pc. When I try to do anything in control panel I get a message that it cannot find rundll.exe. I also cannot install any additional programs, so I am unable to install antivirus software and attempt to remove the virus. The computer does have norton, but running the scan found nothing. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

I also am unable to run an online scan becuase I can't get the network adapter to work. And I have no way of troubleshooting it because I get the error message when trying to access device manager.

Edited by Andybikecrazy, 21 November 2005 - 08:59 PM.

Advertisements

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
so anyone got any ideas? :tazz:

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I guess no one is able to help me. I really don't know what to do :tazz:

Danny

Danny

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
Hi,

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Danny :tazz: