Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN messenger connections

• Please log in to reply

wickedangel

wickedangel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One of my friends just put a second computer in their home. So far their networking is fine except for one glitch. They can't get msn messenger or windows messenger to run on both computers at the same time. I thought that maybe its a port issue. Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?
I would greatly appreciate any help I can find for them.

Advertisements

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I know this isn't a very helpful reply. But have you tried downloading a alternate MSN messanger like trillion? Maybe that will solve the problem. :tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm curious, did you get your problem solved? What Network are you using? VPN, IIS???

Might help :

1) VPN Connection

2) Q: Problem connecting to MSN Messenger (#8884)

3) Most Frequently Asked Questions

Maybe this??? :

Problem - I keep getting MSN Messenger messages that say I am signed on a another location.

Answer -

Most likely it means what it says. The common scenario is if, like I do, you use MSN Messenger on more than one machine. If the machine you're not using is rebooted, it will sign on again, causing you to get that message. Also, network problems can cause MSN Messenger to login again as well. However if you're concerned that someone else is using your account or machine ... just change your password and see if the problem goes away.

HTH, but would like some feedback as to whether you solved problem and how.

Ron

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
dl a msn patch and patch one of the msn messengers and make it so it can let u use 2 msn at the same time ( the name for it is poly something)