Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program Setup Error

• Please log in to reply

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I tried to install a program (Battlefront) and got the following error during setup:

Error on setup:

Unhandled Exception

Error Number:0x80040707

Description:DLL function call
crashed:ISRT._WaitOnDialog

Setup will now terminate.

The system requirements text reads as follows:

System Requirements Check:

LucasArts System Report]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars Battlefront

DirectX

Version 9.0c

Display devices

Device RADEON 9550
TnL Yes
Driver ati2dvag.dll
Version 6.14.10.6497
VendorId 4098
DeviceId 16723

Sound devices

Device Realtek AC97 Audio
Driver ALCXWDM.SYS
Version 5.10.0000.5730

CPU

Device AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Total 1
Speed 2188 MHz
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 No
3DNow Yes

RAM

Total 512 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP
Version Service Pack 2

Drives

Name C:
Device Maxtor 6Y160P0
File system NTFS
Total 147708 MB
Available 125201 MB

Name D:
Device Maxtor 6Y160P0
File system FAT32
Total 4900 MB
Available 635 MB

Name E:
Device _NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD

Name F:
Device ASUS CD-S480/AH

Short and sweet it appears Recovery Drive D does not have enough "harddrive capacity" available for the installation.

Would a complete format of the Recovery Drive D fix this problem, or is the issue of the error and/or Format more complex than that?

Elven

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you don't have any info on drive d that you want to keep. if drive d is indeed a hard drive. do you know how big the hdd drive is? you can find out by opening explorer highlighting drive d and righclick. choose properties. on the new window that pops will be pie chart that shows you how much space is available and how much is used/free.

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
The drive is around 5 GB. Only 600 MB are free on the D drive. On standard HP computers (Win XP) it seems to come with a C drive for the regular stuff, and a D drive as "Recovery Drive." The OS automatically backsup recovery points which I doubt are needed, at least in the number they're being saved in. My guess is the program wants to backup the OS before installing Battlefront. Thus I need to clear space on the disk (although I'm actually installing it on the C Drive, the D is recovery.)

So yeah, really I just want to be sure that formatting the D drive won't mess with the OS or the C drive or other programs that normally would work.

It's the same on this computer (different comp) as far as the way the drives are setup. (D recovery C regular Harddrive.) Since I've never done it before, I want to be sure it won't screw anything up if I hit the "format" button on the D drive (Which is called "recovery" or some such name.

So if it just clears D and doesn't affect the other applications, the OS, or the C drive, then it should fix the problem, I just wanted to run all this by you.

Elven

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you won't be able to reimage/reload your system if you wipe the d drive. you can go into system restore though and remove all the old restore points. right click on the "my computer" icon. choose properties. click on the system restore tab. Toward the bottom you wil see a list of hard drives. just highlight one, click settings. just change it to a smaller percentage.

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Reducing the percentage just appears to alter the ammount of un-used harddrive from say 600MB to 300MB. It doesn't seem to actually remove andthing from the drive. (It says it's just as full.) If that's all it does it doens't help much since I need about 2000MB instead of the 600MB that is free, or the 300 I now alloted for it. Under the "System Check" by Lucas Arts one of the "requirements," the only one that didn't pass, was about 2000 MB on the Recovery drive. Since I don't have that much free it won't install.

Am I missing something? Because changing the percentage doesn't seem to actually change the amount data on the disk.

Elven

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
One more quick thing too. There seems to be an option to "make recovery disks." If I did this would I be able to format the D drive, or would you not reccommend doing that at all? Because changing the percentage didn't seem to clear up hard drive space on the recovery Drive.

Elven

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would upgrade the hdd drive or rather install an additional hdd and install the game to it.

You can also turn off your system restore, reboot the pc and turn system restore back on. that will wipe out all previous restore points.

no I wouldn't do anything with d drive. that is where the restore disks will pull the info from to rebuild c: drive.
normally its a hidden partion, not that it makes any difference.

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I would upgrade the hdd drive or rather install an additional hdd and install the game to it.

What I don't understand is, I have plenty, and mean PLENTY of harddrive space on my C drive (sevaeral Gigabytes), which is the one I'm installing it to. But for some reason it also wants some space on the Parition Disk for no apparent reason. I can only guess the game automatically backs up part of the system before installing.

You can also turn off your system restore, reboot the pc and turn system restore back on. that will wipe out all previous restore points.

I did exactly as you said (turned off the system restore, rebooted, and then turned it back on), and for some reason it didn't change anything on the drive. The Partition Drive is still pretty much full. (600 MB free). I don't understand why it doesn't clear space since it's supposed to dump some of the last restore points. :)

:tazz:

Elven

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Exactly what good would that do?

Elven