Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijacked, then computer shut down, now reboots over and over

• Please log in to reply

maryallendesigns

maryallendesigns

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Using Windows XP Home Edition on an IBM Thinkcentre. Yesterday had Italian [bleep] on my desktop. Ran Spybot and Ad-Aware SE, seemed to clean it up. Then it all popped back on within 15 minutes. Kept running Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, deleted all entries, etc. Today problem continued, so I logged on here and went to the "start here" section for viruses, etc. Ran one of the removal programs, then it had to restart my computer. Now computer will not load back to Windows, just keeps doing the system start over and over. Went into utilities (F11 at startup) and the only options given are to wipe my hard drive and start over. This would not be my preference as this is my work computer and I don't have everything backed up. However the IS my work computer (I'm a florist) and with the computer down, I'm losing wire service orders. HELP!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What program did you run that caused this?

SpiritWind

SpiritWind

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
:tazz: For FUTURE reference purposes ONLY :

To quarantine "serious" malware using Ad-aware
requires the use of "special instructions" given by
Experts of that program; all of the volunteers that
formerly assisted on the now defunct Lavasoft
Ad-Aware Support forums are at www.landzdown.com