Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Adobe Bridge wiped my Desktop.

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I was trying to free some disc space and tried to delete the cache in Adobe Bridge. Whe I did that it wiped out every file I had saved on my desctop.

Excel files, PSD Files, Word files and all desktop shortcuts to programs.

I have HUNDREDS of hours of work in some of these files and really need to recover them if possible.

There might be a problem in that I use WindowWasher set to DOD standards to wipe old files.

PLEASE....I really screwed the pooch here.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
are you certain that you actually wiped those files?

If you came to me with this problem, I would physically remove the drive from the PC and insert it in another PC and run some recovery software on the drive, but the first thing I would consider is checking to see if you have accidentaly created a new user profile, by checking c:\Documents and Settings\.... and making sure there are not two similarly named profiles.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
abviously.....chech the recycle bin as well..