Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

won't upgrade XP sp1a

• Please log in to reply

relmore

relmore

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
each time i go to download it this occurs (rebooted 2x)

[Error number: 0x8DDD0007]
You need to restart your computer to finish installing a program or updates. You cannot view or get other updates from the site until you restart.
Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem yourself.

i can't get service 2 pack yet due to an ongoing battle with malware

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi relmore!

Please wait until after you are finished with the malware removal before trying to solve your situation. Most likely it is the malware that is holding you up and once that is taken care of you should be set.

Fenor

relmore

relmore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
hmm okay thanks for your timely response

i was/am just unsure because of what the "must read before posting hijackthis log" post said about not addressing the problem because it would be a waste of time without the patch update.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Well since it is most likely some sort of malware that is causing you to not be able to install the service packs, then I again reiterate that you should wait until a Malware Expert has given you a clean bill of health.

Fenor