Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

100% CPU usage & other problems with malware [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nschlenvogt

Nschlenvogt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I use Spyware blaster, Spybot, and NoAdware for spyware removal.

I got rid of Norton Internet Security and now have just Norton Antivirus 2005.

I use Internet Explorer.... and I use the Norton Antivirus firewall that comes with Norton Antivirus 2005 instead of my Windows Firewall.

Does the above look okay?

........ ....... .......... .........

Yesterday my computer was at that point where it would not restart, so I decided to just leave it and go on about my business.... then I ran the Ewido Secuity Center scan... and after that, my computer restarted fine! Ewido found 9 things that I deleted... they were mostly registry things and cookies/temp files.

Anyway.... I will wait another day to see if the restart problem keeps happening since I got rid of Norton Internet Security.

Thanks, Nikki

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
You are Welcome !
Do you have any other questions or can we close this as Resolved??

Nschlenvogt

Nschlenvogt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
YES I THINK MY PROBLEM IS FIXED AND SOME OTHER THINGS THAT WERE WRONG THAT I DIDNT EVEN MENTION ARE FIXED :) HAHA THE RESTART PROBLEM HAS BEEN GONE FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS... SO I THINK THAT MEANS IT'S FIXED! IF I HAVE ANYMORE PROBLEMS, I WILL BE BACK & THANK YOU!!!!!! :tazz:

NIKKI

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
You are Welcome !!

Glad to be of help !!

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.