Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aborted download from firefox{resolved}

• Please log in to reply

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
A file was aborted while downloading on firefox. Now it can't be deleted from desktop....Error file cannot be blah blah its being used by another blah blah please close blah blah that may be blah blah blah blah. I cannot find a process or applicatiojn that is using this (0kb) file. It is a driver file with nothing in it. Help to delete please. PS this has happened before. How come??

Edited by Ianzworld, 14 November 2005 - 07:38 AM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Happens to every one. Don't know what whould be holding on to it besides FireFox. You need to get what ever is holding on to it to let go. There is a great program for doing this called Unlocker download and install it. Then right click the file that you what to delete and there should be in the context menu that pops up called Unlocker, click that select delete.

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Thanx for that Michael. I'll try that when I get home. It looks like msdos has a hold of it???

Edited by Ianzworld, 14 November 2005 - 04:42 AM.

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:) :) Pooooff!!! it's gone. Explorer had it. Thanx again. :tazz: