Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best heatsink/colling device

• Please log in to reply

Eidolon

Eidolon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have purchased a AMD x2 3800+ and a Abit Fatal1ty AN8 SLI nForce4 SLI motherboard. I am thinking of overclocking it, i want to know what a good heat sink would be , im looking for something not too expensive but can probably shell out around $100 or so. Also If i save up some more money which water cooling system might suit me the best? Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you bought the processor retail-boxed (which comes with its own heatsink/fan), then you'll probably have a warranty with it.

But this warranty is only valid if you use the heatsink provided AND don't overclock it, because then if it fails it'll be classed as user damage.

Now having said that, most x2 heatsinks are rated to go up to at least a few revisions higher than yours so assuming you don't go too mad, your existing one may be sufficient.