Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharing out a FireWire Port

• Please log in to reply

helen snow

helen snow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Dear All
I need to share out a FireWire port on my Laptop so that my server can see it.

In Control Panel there are no Camera/Scanner devices set up. I have a Samsung DV Video Camera which was working fine (See PS), I cannot find any Samsung drivers, so I figured that I could share out the FireWire port then access it from my main server which would be ideal

Any ideas, I cannot see the FireWire Device to be able to hit the menu bar, tools and then share

Oh, the Lap top does recognise the FireWire device !

Any help

Helen
Snowed under :tazz:

PS: Why I need to do this: A few months back I used Spybot Search and Destroy to clean up my system and I checked some option that that has rendered my laptop into some kind of safe mode. It will not download from the web and will not run some applications that change the registry, plus it keeps saying Windows is probably in safemode whenever I try and execute some applications. I have checked for viruses, worms etc non found.

Edited by helen snow, 14 November 2005 - 06:18 PM.

Advertisements

helen snow

helen snow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello again,

Everyone told me to come here as there are loads of Geeks who can help me, and that sharing out a device port would be really easy for them to do...Am I wrong, is this impossible or hard to do.

Any suggestions?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
hi helen snow! Welcome to G2G!

PS: Why I need to do this: A few months back I used Spybot Search and Destroy to clean up my system and I checked some option that that has rendered my laptop into some kind of safe mode. It will not download from the web and will not run some applications that change the registry, plus it keeps saying Windows is probably in safemode whenever I try and execute some applications. I have checked for viruses, worms etc non found.

Have you tried doing a repair installation to your laptop? Check the link in my signature which contains a guide on how to do it and see if it sounds like something you've tried or not.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 15 November 2005 - 07:21 AM.