Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

liquid cooling

• Please log in to reply

michael2

michael2

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
The fans in my computer are loud, and they still don't do a great job, sometimes my computer will go up to seventy degrees celcius (after playing css on high graphics for several hours), which techincally according to intel is ok, but i would like to keep my temperature lower. Would liquid cooling be effective for keeping the temperatures down in my computer? do most liquid cooling systems fit any computers?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
liquid cooling will drastically reduce the temperature of your machine...especially if you can get a refrigerated liquid system..(basically pumps ice water through the box)....water cooling systems aren't cheap...but they definitly help with cooling....as far as them fitting....yeah...most liquid systems just replace your standard heatsink on the cpu with a water block which has tubes running to a pump/cooler located on top of your case....any of the hard drive, gfx card, memory coolers work the same

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
yes liquid cooling is the best way to cool off your computer, but it can be bulky with pipes, and usually requires some kind of resevoir outside of your computer case. kits are avalible with everything you will need to make any computer (not the micro atx ones that are small) liquid cooled. last i checked i saw a kit for 200 bucks. maybe look into more efficient fans (or extremely large copper heatsinks) before paying $200.

michael2

michael2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
ok, ill look around for them, thanks[font=Arial][font=Arial] :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can often make a big improvement just by switching to a better quality heatsink, like thermaltakes or arctic. Some of the vantec stealth or akasa ultra quiet fans for the system would do wonders as well.