Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New bfg tech 7800 gtx oc 512 mb

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
In the tests that I linked, they tested the cards at max resolution which I think is the way its suppost to be. Everything at max settings, that is how your suppost to test a video card.

Lol, yeah school sometimes gets old.. Im studying cisco networking now and its different. I like computers alot more..

Edited by jrm20, 19 November 2005 - 06:18 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
These ones were tested at the full range, at 1600x1200, (the optimum gaming res if you can get it on your monitor) the x1800xt came out alot further ahead than the 7800 in the other reviews.
I only wish i could study something like cisco networks it would be a nice change from hardcore maths, chemistry(which is actually ok) , and the more than a little depressingly boring engineering, advice to all dont do chemical engineering it is evil.

The x1800xt 512Mb is also a good 90 quid cheaper(that would be over 150 of the dollars of the amreican vareity)

Edited by warriorscot, 19 November 2005 - 06:34 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
They say they used 1024x768 to 1920x1200 on the system setup and notes page. The link that I posted.

1920X1200 is pretty high res.. Iv never used that lol

Im looking to buy me a lcd tv 20" to 27" that you can plug in your pc, cable and subwoofers, ect.. I just gotta get one lol! High definition of course.

Iv been looking.

In my games I run most of them at 1024X768, Hardly ever used higher.. I did once in gta san andreas for pc. Looked sweet.

Edited by jrm20, 19 November 2005 - 10:05 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I run on the native on my monitor 1280x1024 which is just about perfect for my system, i couldnt afford a 1600x1200 LCD when i built this pc it was just way to expensive but i got a great deal on the samsung 19" 210 quid and a free game(chaos theory i know its a good game but ive not played it yet at all). I am completely stereotypical scottish and completely stingy i always like a bargain and value for money.