LOST MY CD DRIVES D & E
Posted 15 November 2005 - 04:13 PM
Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:17 AM
This will rebuild rather than restore the registry and also replace missing or corrupt system files
Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 right after the beep until you get options, select command prompt only, type scanreg.exe /fix then press enter, it will run through a few screens then say registry repaired. Press enter then press ctrl + alt + delete keys together to reboot.
When it has loaded, click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98SE CD then reboot.
When it has loaded to the desktop, click start, programmes accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then run disc defragmenter from system tools
Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:40 AM
Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:28 AM
2. Click the Device Manager tab.
3. Click the Hard Disk Controllers branch to expand it, click your IDE controller, and then click Properties.
4. Click the Settings tab.
5. In the Dual IDE Channel Settings box, click Both IDE Channels Enabled, and then click OK.
6. Click OK, and then restart your computer.
7. Test to determine if the issue is resolved by trying to use your CD-ROM drive.
Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:59 AM
I tried all the fore mentioned "fixes" but the drives 2 + 3 are working but no icon under My computer. I have yellow astricks at the following.
Primary IDE Controller (dual fifo)
Secondary IDE Controller (dual fifo)
Standard floppy disk controller
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users