Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

invalid drive..

• Please log in to reply

ajperez

ajperez

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont know why but recently ive been trying to download some programs on my computer (itunes, limewire, etc) and while the installation wizard it setting up i get a message saying :error 1327: invalid drive G\: installation terminated" now im not THAT good with computers but i know someone can help me please give me a solution to this..thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Intall it on another drive?

ajperez

ajperez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how do i choose wat drive i wna install it on?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Make a new folder in my documents, called downloaded files

Download the file, click save, then choose the location as my documents, downloaded files folder

Matt

Matt

Infected with AwesomeWare

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Try this:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
3. In the Computer Management tree, click Disk Management.
4. Right-click the drive and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Click Change, and change it to the original drive letter. (probably C) Click OK, and then click Close.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot, it will take an hour but this is about the only check you can do without the XP CD

Possibly, if this is a recent thing, you could start system restore from a command prompt, or from help and support, undo changes to the computer

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check disk will attempt to repair errors, or system restore would put the computer back how it was before this cropped up

ajperez

ajperez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
so i did a system restore...nothing happened still same problem

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will need to use a same version copy of an XP CD to repair it, you can borrow one for this

Alternative XP Repair Install Method

Use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, from the list, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update

It could have been anything downloaded with the Limewire I just noticed