Trojan.Vundo - Newdotnet - PLEASE HELP! [RESOLVED]
Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:37 PM
Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:59 PM
I ran Panda Activescan, but it came up completely clean, so it didn't generate a report. I would run TrojanHunter or Ewido, but my trial period has run out. I would be willing to buy one of them if you think it would be a good idea.
Is there some other program I should run? Is Vundo hidden somewhere on my machine?
Thanks so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:05 PM
- Click the Free Trial link under to "SpySweeper" to download the program.
- Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.
- It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
- Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.
- Click the Sweep Options tab.
- Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:
- Sweep Memory
- Sweep Registry
- Sweep Cookies
- Sweep All User Accounts
- Enable Direct Disk Sweeping
- Sweep Contents of Compressed Files
- Sweep for Rootkits
- Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.
- Click Sweep Now on the left side.
- Click the Start button.
- When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
- Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
- It will remove all of the items found.
- Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
- Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
- Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:14 PM
I have had System Restore turned off since I contracted Trojan.Vundo, is that how it should be until my computer is completely clean?
Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:23 PM
Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:32 PM
Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:58 AM
For the files that it either couldn't find or couldn't delete, in the killbox again this time, put a mark next to "Delete on Reboot". Copy and paste each file into the file name box, then click the red button with the X after each. It will ask you if you want to reboot each time you click it, answer NO until after you've pasted the last file name, at which time you should answer Yes.
If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run TheKillbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try TheKillbox again.
Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:56 PM
And, Excal too! You got me through so much of the fix. Thank you!!
You guys are the best!
Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:41 PM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users