Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MotiveBrowser.exe

• Please log in to reply

mistyshade

mistyshade

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,
I run Win 98SE on my laptop a IBM 600X. I use BT Yahoo braodband as my ISP ( I am in the UK). Since running spybot, I have a problem with launching the Help prog provided with BT Yahoo. The prog searches for MotiveBrowser.exe, which it cannot find and fails to launch.
Can anybody tell me what MotiveBrowser is please, where I can find it, and how do i re-install it??
Unfortunately, I deleted everything that spybot had put in quarantine. So I doubt I will be able to re-instate from there.

Misty. :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I would imagine motivebrowser.exe was first installed from your BT Broadband CD. Just re-install your brodband software from it as you did the first time. That should restore the Help utility.

mistyshade

mistyshade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello pip22,
I'm afraid I have already tried that with no success, and I have had a techie session with the people at BT, they have no idea what has happened. So here I am asking around to see if anyone has any understanding of this file MotiveBrowser.exe.
But, thanks for your reply,

misty.