Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO PROGRAMS WORK!

• Please log in to reply

jazzy B

jazzy B

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey....

i turned on my comp and ad-watch(i have ad-aware se PRO) showed up with a registry modification detected....it asked for my approval and i blocked it.... :P the messaged popped up lyk 30 times with a new file name everytime but i blocked it everytime....next thing u know, all my icons changed into weird icons where it says windows cannnot open this file....what do u want to do...go for internet or select a program...this happened to every single icon on my desktop except Internet Explorer, My computer and My documents...i checked back in the actual locations of the files but everywhere same kinda icons were seen..... :tazz: :woot:
i have shaw secure which wont start-up.....i tried to look for system restore but tht wont work either...i cannot download any program because it wont start up even though i install it.....thts Y i wont b able to run any anti-spyware program either.... :woot: :)
someone please help me get the [bleep] outta this problem :)

I m trying to run some online anti-virus program now and i'd update u with those results at the earliest possible...i neva tried Hijack this log thing so far in ma life...i'd look through hw tht goes and if thts a program too than i m afraid tht it wont help me either....

i'd b very very thankful :P to whoever helps me get outta this problem.... :woot:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi jazzy B...Welcome to G2G!

Would you post back with a little more information on your machine for us? What kind of computer is it? Do you have the XP installation CD and is it a retail version or an OEM version.

Can you access the run command (Start > Run)? There are several options open to us depending on what kind of machine you have.

wannabe1

jazzy B

jazzy B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey wannabe1
thx for taking interest in my problem.....

i m not sure if this is the right way to post another message but wtever....

Right now i have win XP pro installed on my comp....i got it from one of my friends....i have 256 mbs of ram, 2.66 Ghz celeron processer, 80 GB hard drive( i think hardware doesnt really matter but just for the sake of it)...

Um..Yes, my run command is working but i m not sure if it is gonna open a program bcuz i tried to open
"regedit" but it didnt work....
well my search thing is workin too but the help and support centre doesnt show up...

once again thx....

:tazz:

jazzy B

jazzy B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
umm.........forgot one thing.....

i didnt even think about starting my comp in safe mode....
ima do it right now after the online scan is done and 'll update with the info from both the things in a short while....

:tazz:

jazzy B

jazzy B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey everyone again....

guess wt?.....i guess i got it.... :tazz:
How?

as i said earlier when i ran a online virus scan, it did detect some lil viruses....
and then i restarted ma thing in safe mode where a medium size window popped up with lyk a weird kinda unknown language....lyke just 7-8 words of it with lil mini boxes and shee....

then when i logged in my account, another msg popped up(eng.)....i didn't bother to read it completely bcuz i was a lil anxious to c if the thing works....i actually saw tht the thing remained the same... :)

then i logged off and then logged in again and this tym read tht msg where it said if i wanna proceed with safe mode or restore my comp to earlier point....tht was lyk a jackpot....it restored my comp and it worked....

Now all the icons were in their original faces, shaw secure started up.....but here came the same problem again.....
Ad-watch came up with the same lil msg tht if i wanna accept or block a registry change :)

I m stuck again.....i havent done anything to it yet....
i m attaching the screenshot of the msg and plz lemme know wt i should do next

i'd b waiting for someone's response b4 i proceed.....

thx
JAS
Attached File  regmsg.bmp   455.61KB   192 downloads

Edited by jazzy B, 16 November 2005 - 02:37 AM.