Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook - Image Preview

• Please log in to reply

Ruben Rodriguez

Ruben Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have recently upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook. I love it except I got used to previewing images (jpg, gif, etc.) in the "Preview" message Body in Outlook Express. And in Outlook I have to double click the file, tell it it's ok for me to open it, and then wait half a second for the image viewer to come on.

A true hassle. Like I said before in Outlook Express I basically never had to open a message because the preview would always show the image i was receiving.

I looked everywhere in Outlook and tried to find a setting that would allow me to turn it on with no luck.

In addition, I downloaded and installed a free Outlook Add on that would allow me to 1 click preview images (one by one - sigh) but it made my Outlook crash so I uninstalled it.

I hope someone know of a setting i can switch so I can once again be lazy and Preview images as I did in Outlook Express

Thank you/

Advertisements

Arjen De Winter

Arjen De Winter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Ruben,

Have you seen this (http://support.micro....com/kb/831608/) article? "How to use the Automatic Picture Download Setting feature to determine how Outlook 2003 blocks external HTML content"

Cheers,

Arjen

Edited by Arjen De Winter, 17 November 2005 - 07:28 AM.

Ruben Rodriguez

Ruben Rodriguez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank you for the link but it didn't allow me to preview images as in outlook express. Do i have to set up a "safe" user list of senders?

EDIT:

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Under Download Pictures, click Change Automatic Download Settings.
4. Clear the Don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML e-mail check box.

Note In Outlook, picture attachments cannot be displayed in line in a message body the way they can in Outlook Express.

OK this kinda tells me this option is not available with Outlook :tazz: :)

Does anyone know of any reliable Outlook Add Ons that will allow me to view email image attachments easier instead of clicking on each a billion times?

Thanks

Edited by Ruben Rodriguez, 17 November 2005 - 09:19 PM.