Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

TheRelief

TheRelief

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a graphic on my site than when you click it, it plays a .ram file. What I don't like, however, is that the Real Audio player opens up on the screen.

Here's the reason I want it: You see those sites nowaday that will have those Play/Stop/Pause buttons. It's a new marketing gimmick where the visitor can hear the biz owner's voice. It a rapport-building tool. I like how they work, but I don't want to pay a monthly fee for that service when I know it can be done for free, and I want to use my own graphic as the "play" button and not have the other buttons.

Does someone have a script that will do the trick? I had someone helping me on another thread, but it only worked properly in IE and looked/worked awful in FF and Netscape. Is there a way to hide or embed the player so that I can still have people click on my graphic and have the sound play without the player showing up?

Here's the other thread in case you want to know what didn't work: Other Thread

Thanks in advance!

Oh, home page is The Relief. Look at the upper right "A personal message from the owner" graphic.

Edited by TheRelief, 17 November 2005 - 02:11 PM.

Advertisements