Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Signal Message.

• Please log in to reply

Murakumon

Murakumon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Similar to ajforce's problem,
I too get a no signal message. first off here are the specs:

Gigabyte K8 Triton Ultra-SLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64, 1.8GHz "Venice" CPU
Gigabyte Nvidia 6600GT Graphics Card
Hitachi 40GB IDE Hardrive
Corisaur ValueSelect 1GB Ram ( Two 512MBs )
Creative Soundblaster Live Sound Card
Unkown Handy-Down ( But I Know It Works ) Samsung DVD-Rom drive.

I tried building a computer over the summer, when i orginally made it, the mobo touched the side of the case and shorted out. So i put in rubber spaces that go on the screws, that keeps it from touching now. Since then, that mobo didn't work and i got a RMA from gigabyte. Several pins broke off the processor so i also have a new processor as well. ( Don't worry the specs are current ).

So here's the problem now, when i turn on the computer the lights come on the fans turn, and all appears to be normal, i think i hear the hard drive spining too. There are no error beeps, yet the monitor gives me a No Signal Message. Any Ideas?

Also Note: The monitor works on another computer

Thank you for your help. I REALLY need it :tazz:

Edited by Murakumon, 17 November 2005 - 08:19 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Murakumon! Welcome to G2G!

Have you tried seeing if you can get the computer to POST by just having the keyboard, mouse and video plugged in?

If that doesn't work, try reseeding the memory and trying again. You can also try reseeding the processor (Making sure the motherboard is parallel to the ground so that you have gravities help keeping the processor in its socket).

Are you using AGP or onboard video?

Fenor

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Please review and try the things in this guide and then post back with questions

Rick

Murakumon

Murakumon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm not sure what you mean by post, but yes, only the monitor keyboard and mouse are plugged in. It's a AGP. 16-PCI, i have already removed both memory sticks and tried plugging them in individually and testing them.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have onboard video or only the AGP video? If you have onboard try connecting to that only.

Fenor

Murakumon

Murakumon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Doby, I Did Most Of That, I Suppose I'll Double Check the processor tommorow night.
And fenor, nope i only have the AGP. And also i asked gigabyte's "Technical Support", they didn't really help but they assured me my graphics card is compatible. They like to blame every other piece of hardware but theirs :tazz:
anyways thank you guys so much for your help, i'm shocked byhow quickly you guys replied.

:) thank you so much

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you tried reseeding the processor yet like I suggested in my first reply?

Fenor

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
If you tried everthing in the guide you should now have the mobo out of the case sitting on a box with minimal components installed, HSF, cpu, psu, video card, ram. This is important to eliminate the possibility of a case short and other possible bad parts.

Assuming you have a case speaker connected are you getting any beeps?
The next stepp would be to try another video card so if you can barrow one, anyone will do even a pci.
The idea here is to get the computer to boot to bios by swapping parts and the video card should be first.
Then if you still can't get into bios you should try another psu
Then if nogo you would try different ram. After that it would narrow it down to the mobo or cpu. If you get that far without it showing post or entering bios post back and I will give you my best guess witch it is.

Rick

Murakumon

Murakumon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, i resettled the cpu. nothing, andi read the guide, although i still have to take all the stuff out and run it bare.

Althought quick question, could the hard drive have anything to do with this? I tried hooking it up to this computer ( dell dimension 2350 ) as a secondary drive, i got nothing. The hard drive has a 1 year warranty, so that would be no problem to replace

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Yes unplug both power and data cable from the drive and mobo and see if you can get into bios