Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd Repairing Program

• Please log in to reply

Ardrigh

Ardrigh

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in finding a decent program to retrieve data off dvds. I bought a set of cheap dodgy dvds and I obviously didn't check them well enough as most of them come up with crc errors when I try to copy the files back onto my hard drive.

Most of the stuff I don't care about but there is some uni work I would like to keep.

The files aren't completely corrupted i can still access them while they are on the dvd so I believe they are probably recoverable.

I would prefer the program to be freeware, or shareware with a decent trial. I will still consider buying a program outright if it was resonably priced and the ultimate program at doing what I required.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or hints how to get these files back onto my hd.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you can access them while on dvd then you should be able to copy them to your hdd. unfortuanately there just isn't any software that can do this as its due to a physical media issue. you can try something like:
Maxell CD-335
CD/CD-ROM Scratch Repair Kit

or

there is a polymer that you can apply on it. been a while since i've used it. was able to get it at Fry's. only about a 2oz bottle for about $30, but it worked miracles. looking for the name.....

Ardrigh

Ardrigh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Perhaps I explained myself badly. What I was looking for was for programs like Cd Check http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/news.php ...or if Cd Check was the best just confirmation from others that it was.