Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No mouse, but mouse pointer..

• Please log in to reply

Swift

Swift

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I have a ghost mouse :tazz: My mouse pointer is way over there --->

But my ghost mouse ( The one I use to point / click ) is elsewhere.
I went into mouse properties, and enabled Trail Mouse, now I can see my real mouse, but the fake mouse is still in one position. =\

I can move my mouse, and my ghost mouse will come. But I can't see where it goes.
I can still click, but I just can't see the graphic 'pointer'.

I press CTRL for that radar thing to show where the ghost mouse is, so...

I'd really like this to get fixed. The only thing I remember doing is installing Direct X 9.0c
But it the mouse still worked after that.

Didn't work when I loaded Google Earth. ( It told me my graphic cards driver is outdated. )
From then on it doesn't work.

Only way to resolve this is, to restart my computer. If I log off and on it still won't work.
But when I restart my computer, it takes a butt load of time for that windows logo + bar thingie to pass by / finish. Maybe 2 minutes or something. No idea why. It also takes quite a while for me to hibernate. But loading hibernation is easy.

Thanks for any help :)!

BTW:
I have lots of red X's in this:
eventvwr.msc

For both System, and Application, most of the errors are "Fault Bucket"'s

Edited by Swift, 20 November 2005 - 07:02 AM.

Advertisements

Swift

Swift

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Please, reply..