Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD Screen

• Please log in to reply

eab757

eab757

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi...I'm not sure if this question belongs here but I wasn't sure where to put it. The LCD screen on my old computer completely broke and for the cost to replace it I just got a new laptop. I was wondering how I could transfer the files (music, pictures, word documents) from the old laptop to my new one.

Thanks,
Liz

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
well i would use a usb mini drive, or if you have a router or switch, network the computers, and make the folders on the broken laptop shared, and so on the network you can grab the files off of the old laptop to the new one, obviously just plug in a monitor to the old laptop to see what you are doing. i dont recall you saying what operating system was on the laptops, but if you are using windows, you could also use the files and settings transfer wizard, but i havent had much luck with that, in my opinion, the first two methods are the easiest.