Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ECS KN1 Extreme

• Please log in to reply

jmf1775

jmf1775

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Cab anyone please expalin how to create a floppy disk with the SATA drivers on it from the Install CD that came with the MB. I know I need to insert the floppy on Windows Install after pressing the F6 key but for the life of me I can't find any detailed instructions on how to create the floppy from ECS. I've checked their manuals and forums and while it seems to be a common problem no one has explained how to create the floppy, they all just say to create it. Any help at all much appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally you boot off the motherboard CD in the same way you booted off your XP CD. This then presents you with an option to make a blank floppy disk for a SATA drive.

Failing that, you should be able to download the SATA driver from ECS's site.

jmf1775

jmf1775

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neil, thanks for the reply. We couldn't boot off the install CD because we couldn't get past an error message on the windows startup saying it couldn't recognize the drive. We moved the HDD to SATA connector 5 from 1 (after trying 2 and 3 as well) then XP recognized the HDD and started up. Since we started all this with a Windows Repair Reinstall we then discoved a couple more issues, the main one being the CD/DVD was recognized in BIOs but not in XP. Decided to just do a backup of all important files and then a fresh reinstall of XP...that is where we're at now and I am pretty confident it will correct all the errors.

On a seperate note, ECS web site is about the most usless site I've seen. The manuals are incomplete from an instructional standpoint. Grammer is poor and just not overall user friendly. I'm sticking ot MSI boards from here on out...never had a problem, manuals are complete, and tech support is readily available if needed.

Edited by jmf1775, 20 November 2005 - 03:52 PM.