Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

will I be able to play sims 2 with this graphics?

• Please log in to reply

smrtypntz7667

smrtypntz7667

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am getting a new pc delivered tomorrow and I noticed that the graphics in it is Intel 845GV. I know the system specs for the game said something about non t&l you need processor at least 800MHz. The pc I am getting has 2.6 so thats ok for the game. I noticed the cards supported with intel has three 82845, 82865,82915. When I looked up the specs for the 845GV graphics card it said something about memory bus or hub or something like that and had the number 82845 listed. Is that what they are talking about when they mentioned the number 82845 supported in the specs for the game? I'm all confused here. I mean if its not I guess I could just go get a new video card and pit it in the pc but then I dont know the difference between the pci or agp. The computer does'nt have agp but I noticed pci. If some one could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It will likely meet the minimum requirements to play. If you want to turn up the resolution and detail, you'll probably need to invest in a better AGP card.

ali_1992

ali_1992

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
the sims 2 really doesnt nead accelerated hardware even though the person who sold u the comp would more likly match the cpu so if the cpumatches the video probally does to if it still lags turn the video down a notch in the settings.

sub zero

sub zero

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just need to know if The Sims 2 will run smoothly on my pc, my video card is a GeForce2 MX 400... Is my video card good enough for the game?