Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stealthSWs114 [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

martyjo

martyjo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi There,

I am trying to help a friend out that is getting a reported "virus" called stealthSWs114.h. I suspect that this is not really a virus as such but some scam to get him to buy Anti Virus software. It seems to have hijacked IE as it keeps popping up whenever he uses IE.
He has an up to date AVG and a Zone Alarm firewall. His system is W2K.

I did a search in Google and the results suggested that Geeks knows about this but I can't find any reference to it when I do a search.

Can you advise on how to remove this annoying problem, AVG, AdAware and Spybot all seem to have failed.

Edited by martyjo, 22 November 2005 - 03:43 AM.

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi Martyjo and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

1. Please start by reading and doing what is recommended on this page: HERE

2. Once that is done, please run HijackThis, click SCAN, produce a LOG and POST it in this thread for review.

Regards,

Trevuren

martyjo

martyjo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Trevuren,

Unfortunately I can't follow this up for about a week as I will be away but will do as soon as I get back.

Regards,

Martyjo

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
No problem,

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.