Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound

• Please log in to reply

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi everyone

Firstly aplogies if this has been covered elsewhere in the forums or I have posted in wrong section.

Since my computer came back from the repair shop after it's near death expereince I have noticed that something is wrong with the sound. I only notice this with voice for example, when I connect to AOL the woman who says 'welcome to AOL' now sounds like she has has an injection of male hormones. When I tried to record a CD earlier it appeared my voice has gone down a few octaves too..!!

So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can adjust this so my regular ladylike voice can return to normal :tazz:

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, sounds, speech and audio then sound and audio devices to look across the audio and voice tabs to check the default devices are set correctly

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Keith

Thanks for such a fast reply. I have tried this already and all defaults are as should be (well are the same as they were before the problem occured anyway)!!

It's a head scratcher!!! :tazz:

Amanda

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can look for updated drivers for the soundcard, or uninstall the soundcard and re-install the drivers and software for it, if you have the installation CD, something has gone out of sync so re-installing should set it up as before

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks...I'll give that a go and report back later!!!!

Fingers crossed :tazz:

Amanda

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Keith

You're a star!!!

I deleted, downloaded drivers and reinstalled and everything is now as it should be!

Thanks very much, you've saved the PC from a short flight threw the window!

Amanda :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know