Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound from microphone!

• Please log in to reply

speakerabbit

speakerabbit

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I hope I've put this in the right section!

I have a condenser microphone and pre-amp plugged into my Line-in socket on the soundcard. All the lights indicate that my voice is going in however nothing is coming out. The speakers are fine and the sound comes from everything else. The software shows no waves when I speak and yet as I mentioned the lights on the preamp indicate that all is OK.

External speakers are in line-out, pre-amp is in line-in, record software is set to line-in. This has worked before with the same set-up so I just cant figure out the problem.

Any help HUGELY appreciated!!

Amanda :tazz:

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Are you using windows? If so go into the volume control, and be sure line-in, and line-out arent muted, also make sure they are loud enough. Have you tried plugging in the mic (without the pre-amp) directly to your sound cards mic-in if it has one? Is your soundcard working fine otherwise?