Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty issue

• Please log in to reply

Mothball

Mothball

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all!

I have a VERY wierd problem!

I started playing call of duty multiplayer about 2 mths ago, everything was working fine. then I installed Game XP and overclocked my NVIDIA G-Force GO5200 to play Call of duty 2 as good as I could!

OK reciently when I tried to log onto to a server in COD|UO I'm able to log in and play OK for about 1min then my PING jumps from about 98 to 999 and the game becomes unplayable, I tried different servers and still the same, Also I tried call of duty 2 multiplayer and same again, whats really wierd is that they where both working fine 2 days ago?? I don't know if it is Game XP but I tried to restore my origional state and still its there!? :tazz:

Please help me, I'm really really lost for anymore ideas?! :)

Thanks! :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
welcome to GeeksToGo. I split your post into its own topic as it was not related to the ongoing thread.
reset your gfx card to default, un overclocked. see if this resolves your issue. Have you installed or done anything else differently?

Mothball

Mothball

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried to reset the GFX card settings, but no good :tazz:
I did install skype and I noticed the problem happened after that, but I have uninstalled it and the problem is still there? :)