Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

safe mode troubles

• Please log in to reply

Bacobits

Bacobits

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am haveing trouble putting my old settings back on my computer. I went into safe mode but once i was done there settings such as my appearance have changed to xp classic style and i can not change this back to normal. What do i do?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
were you recently infected with some sort of malware?

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Bacobits,

can you post a little more information about your problem? I.E. are you changing your appearance, rebooting, and your appearance is not saved? Or does it change spontaneously? What happens when you try to change them back... your computer freeze? nothing happens? etc.

Edited by Doorslam, 23 November 2005 - 12:17 PM.

Bacobits

Bacobits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i had a worm called Win32.P2P-Worm-Alcan.a

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
got it all cleaned up and working?

Bacobits

Bacobits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i did a ad-ware scan a bunch of times and its not showing up so it should be fixed but my tool bar is stuck in windows classic style and windows xp style is not even a option is there a solution to change it back to xp style?