Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Not Responsive at times

• Please log in to reply

alto1jr

alto1jr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
At times my internet won't work and it seems to freeze up my comp. I click on the "x" and then I get the "report error" box and after that these boxes won't go away. If I click on the "x" it will give me another one and they will just still stay on. I actually have to manually shut off my comp. because my "Shut off" or "restart" won't work after all this happens. At times when the internet pages won't work I will get the report error boxes and then I will click on shut off. I get a message that some program is ending and I think it is going to restart but it actually ends up giving me my background without icons, and I end up having to restart again. I need help with this. It isn't that often, but it bothers me that when it happens I have to manually shut off comp!

I have also noticed that it happens when my computer has been idle for some time.

Advertisements

jeff1234

jeff1234

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
What virus scanner and spyware scanner are you using? Are they up to date? It seems the easiest place to start.

alto1jr

alto1jr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am using Norton Int. Sec. 2005, RegSeeker, Spybot and CLean Up

SpiritWind

SpiritWind

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts