Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Stephane

Stephane

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
After repairing Windows XP, the icon to get to the Windows Explorer arborescence doesn't show anymore. How do I get it back?

I'm looking for the expanded list, not the "my computer" view

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
To get the Windows Explorer icon back to what it was:

Right-Click -> Properties -> Change Icon -> Browse to C:\Windows -? Open Explorer -> Select the icon -> Ok then Apply

Hope that this helps.

Stephane

Stephane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Nope, that's it.

If you right click on "My Computer", "Explore", you get a different view as if you would juck click "My Computer".

That's the fonction I'm looking for.

It ususally is in "Start", "Program", "Accessories" and it's called "Windows Explorer" and the icon is the little folder thingny. Unfortunetly, I don't have it anymore.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Make a new shortcut on the desktop and in the box type explorer, then click next. Rename it and click finish. Hope that this helps

Stephane

Stephane

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Excellent!

It worked... Thanks!