Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet SLOW + Downloads SLOW + Blogger.com wont open!

• Please log in to reply

bmx_freestyle

bmx_freestyle

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I dont understand what is wrong with my computer, I was using it the other day and it was running just fine and then all of a sudden everything became SLOWER! I mean:

1. Internet explorer is taking forever to open up web pages
2. Blogger.com wont open AT ALL
3. Downloads are majorly slow! For example, downloading the Google Toolbar took 45 minutes AND I HAVE CABLE MODEM!
4. In outlook express, will not recieve mail.

Thats pretty much the major problems. Just a little background: I have High Speed cable and the computer downstairs (that is Celeron by the way) is working just perfectly. It's just my computer, not the connection that is slow. Plus the little icon in the corner of my computer says I have excellent reception. This is so strange!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

PS:
I have run Norton AntiVirus and all Spyware programs and still the problem persists.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
try empyting out your temporary internet files and cookies. Also defragment your computer if you have not done so in a while.

bmx_freestyle

bmx_freestyle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I had failed to mention that I already removed all temporary internet files, cookies, and I defragmented.

I have no clue what the problem could be. I am thinking I will need to restore the computer to factory :tazz:

bmx_freestyle

bmx_freestyle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
REVALATION!!

I was working on my laptop (with wireless card) and I went to download something and BAM! SLOW DOWNLOAD!! Its running at 4.25 kb/s on cable modem.

What could be causing ONLY the wireless connected computers to be slow?? :)

The computer directly connected to the router is working just fine!

:tazz:

bmx_freestyle

bmx_freestyle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
:) PROBLEMA SOLVED! :)

Just needed to reset the cable modem and Router. So if anyone else is having a similar problem:

1. Internet explorer ALL OF A SUDDEN slow.
2. Downloads EXTREMELY slow (even slower than dial up)
3. Some sites just won't open.

If you have any of those problems, it may just be that your cable modem and router need to be reset either by reset button or (like mine) unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Hope this helps anyone! :tazz: