Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound problems.

• Please log in to reply

rastadapadopolus

rastadapadopolus

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok, i installed XP a few months ago now and it was working fine until i wanted to play music and games. Now, i played my music and it was all crackly and jumpy and still is when i play it through WMP and leave it up to show the graphics. When i minimize it, it's fine.
Secondly, I came to play a game which was star wars. Now when i was running Windows ME it was working fine with the graphics card i had installed but now it will load the game, play the video sequences but it's either extremely laggy or there are black patches in the game.

Please tell me how to sort this.

I posted the same entry a while back but no-one sorted it. I got one post back then that was it. Someone please help.

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Could you tell us what sound/audio card you have, and what video/graphics card or chipset you have? Have you tried getting the latest drivers for each, and the latest version of directx? (directx 9.0c)

rastadapadopolus

rastadapadopolus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I already have all the latest drivers and i have an NVidia GeForce2 MX100/200 graphics card and a Creative SoundBlaster PCI sound card.