Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New RAM question

• Please log in to reply

Chuckfoo

Chuckfoo

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have one 512 stick of pc3200 in my computer right now, and i went and got another 512 stick, but its says PC2700/2100. Does this matter, can i only put in pc3200 ram in my macine

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
depends on your motherboard....either check the manual for your board or go to www.crucial.com and put in your board's info...this will give you what kind of ram is compatable

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
the pc2700 ram will work in your sustem but it will slow your pc3200 down to pc2700 speed so it is best to get pc3200

Chuckfoo

Chuckfoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I went and returned it, so i was wondering wheres a good place to buy ram?

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
best buy or circuit city are ok if they have a sale only. office max same thing compusa can be good even with no sale. tigerdirect.com or newegg.com are usually good. if you want 512mb then you should pay no more then $50 - $60 (U.S. dollars)

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
i got one gig of pc 3200 ram for $80 from newegg. they have weekend specials so check them out. the ram was 2x 512

Edited by p_mii_nawy, 26 November 2005 - 10:29 PM.