Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I promote my website and get it recognized?

• Please log in to reply

sarahd711

sarahd711

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I am currently in the process of designing a new website, and it is my first in about three years; thus, I forget a lot about getting the website out there. I also was unsure if the website topic would be interesting: it's called WORD and it's purpose is the reviewing and discussion of books. The forum is going to be the most integral component of the site.

So my question is the topic title : How do I promote my website and get it recognized? And also, would it be an interesting website? The url is below if you want to see what I've temporarily thrown together.

http://www.geocities.../sarahd7112003/

Thanks so much!
-Sarah :tazz:

Advertisements

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Well, hello Sarah... I'm sure there's plenty of things you can do to get your website recognized. I'd suggest adding your website to google, so people that search, will come upon your website. I don't have the link handy to add your website, but I'm sure you can google it.. lol :tazz:
Also, you can google some literary forums, and then advertise if they have a section for that.. or, just register, put a link in your signature, and post about it..
Good luck~!

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Also...

Adding meta tags would be a good idea.

And this site http://www.321hits.com/?refid=5360 is quite good for advertising.

Add a hit counter to your page to see roughly how many visitors you are getting.

Also, add your website url in your geekstogo signiture!

:tazz: