Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio files - wav, mp3, general queries

• Please log in to reply

mmrrph

mmrrph

• Pip
  • 5 posts
<_<

i hope this is the appropriate forum area... and thanks for any suggestions.

just for fun i set out to make a cd for friends from a tv show they [we] all enjoy, and was able to find sound bytes from that show. so that seemed a natural to throw onto the cd between songs, etc.

i have the bytes downloaded without problem. i also downloaded an audio editor to handle the files too 'short' for realplayer to convert [realplayer is what i use for organizing/using my sound files]. all of what i'm converting is wav to mp3. audio editor program is: AudioEdit Deluxe. [go figure.]

i have gone through a series of frustrating machinations working to outsmart realplayer. i still haven't managed them all and am out of ideas.

my questions are this.

can an audio file be made longer? and how? realplayer won't burn a file to cd that's shorter than 10 seconds. i haven't tried any other burning interface -- though i think i have a nero disk floating around here somewhere. so i'm wondering if there's a program that you can toss more than one file in to combine and make a whole? or that a second or two can be added somehow?

secondly, i have some files that are wav but neither program can convert. the error message that pops up when i test if they can burn is that they do not exist and are "streaming" files.

thanks again.
~mmrrph

ps - if there's a better area to post this tread in, please alert me. thanks!

Edited by mmrrph, 04 April 2004 - 01:51 PM.

Advertisements