Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geekstogo...Gone!

• Please log in to reply

richardca

richardca

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Windows XP Pro, Firefox:

The first time all attempts to reach this site failed, I assumed the server was down - that was last week. But yesterday it happened again - all attempts to reach geekstogo.com failed. I tried the bookmark, I tried entering the address direct, I tried linking through Google, tried the link through a subscription email, all to no avail.

Everything else was working perfectly. I tried reloading Firefox, I tried a reboot. Same problem.

Any ideas? :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Are you still having this problem? You were able to get here to post this. Did you use a different computer or another browser?

richardca

richardca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
My apologies for the delay in replying.

No, same computer and the following day I was back on. Coincidentally, I noticed that someone (sorry can't remember which thread) remarked in passing on having the same problem.

In my case it has only occured on those two particular days and GTG was the only site affected. Odd :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it could be multiple issues...mostly either on your end or the isp...as..well..the site hasn't been down for a while (WOOOOHOOO!)..could have been a day when your prefered DNS server was rebuilding it's cache...or your ISP was doing the same....probably just a fluke

richardca

richardca

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Right, thanks for the input.

I probably wouldn't have noticed, but this site, more especially the Malware Forum, has become a must-see for me. By following the advice you guys dish out I've cleaned up my PC after making the stupid mistake of connecting to broadband to get a Firewall! Took me hours and hours.

I dare say there are a lot of us out here who piggy-back cure ourselves, learn to read the HJT logs of others, then become addicted to watching you fix the problems. I've now reached the stage where I feel cheated if my scans come up clean!

Finest Soap there is! :tazz:

Many thanks for your help - may you always stay one step ahead.